I work with adult individuals and couples who may be struggling with issues related to the following:
- Depression / Anxiety
- Borderline Personality
- Highly Sensitive/Emotional People
- Substance Abuse
- Co-Dependency / Boundaries
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Impulsivity
- Family Conflict
- Self-Harm Behaviors
- Grief / Loss
- Self-Esteem / Identity
- Coping skills
- Communication skills / Assertiveness
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Intimacy / Trust
- Emotion Regulation
- Decision making / Goal setting
- Negative thinking patterns / Cognitive restructuring
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Rational Emotive Therapy (REBT)
- The Gottman Method
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Family Systems
- Motivational Interviewing
Group therapy is for people who are committed to personal growth and to helping others grow. There are tears and laughs, conflict and support all shared in an environment of respect, honesty, encouragement and inspiration.
The members of the group all share challenges that are interfering with their goals. By conveying our problems and feelings to others, we find that they too share these feeling and we are not alone. Through open discussion, our various defense mechanisms are recognized and resolved. We find a logical approach to our problems. As our old defenses are found unnecessary, we find we can control ourselves by our increased ability to change. We learn we cannot avoid stress. Instead, we find we can learn to cope with it. Through self-disclosure and opening discussing our feelings, we become more outgoing person, less compelled to please others at all costs to ourselves. Through this process we gain the acceptance and love of others and we are rewarded with serenity, peace of mind, and the happiness we are all seeking. The common concern of the group is that each of us helps the other become a well person.
Click on the following link which covers: “What is Group Therapy”. This page includes common questions and myths about group therapy.
You may be happy with your individual therapist and would also like to learn more about DBT skills to enhance your progress. As a certified DBT therapist, I can work with you and your current individual therapist to learn to use DBT skills effectively during and in between sessions. These skills have been found to help individuals to live more full and satisfying lives with less conflict and more peace of mind. We do this by practicing living mindfully and learning practical skills to tolerate distress, regulate emotions, and increase interpersonal effectiveness. Once you feel more in control and regulated, you may have more confidence to explore those unresolved issues that can be frightening for some.
Call today for more information about DBT skills training.
I will use my psychotherapy training and practical style to help you improve and find purpose in your overall lifestyle. I will meet you where you are and I will work with you, as a collaborator, to help you define, clarify and realize your goals.
My purpose is to help you close the gap between where you are right now and where you want to be in the future.
- Grief / Loss
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy / Borderline Personality Disorder
- Domestic Violence/Abuse
- Depression and/or Anxiety
- Communication skills / Assertiveness / Interpersonal Effectiveness
- DSM5 / Psychopathology / Mental Health Diagnosis
- Brain Health
- Coping skills / Distress Tolerance / Emotion Regulation
- Goal Setting & Anti-Procrastination Tools
- Identifying Defense Mechanisms and Strengths
- Substance Abuse/Addiction and Recovery for the Whole Family
Please call to discuss any topics that you are interested in that are not listed here.